21 Nov Aftercare for your tattoo
In order for your tattoo to always look new and fresh you should follow the step by step recommendations given by the tattoo artist.
TREATMENT TO DECREASE THE HEALING TIME
- Remove the transparent film after 2 hours.
- Wash the tattoo carefully with warm water and neutral pH soap. Dry gently. Wait 5 minutes to apply the recommended cream.
- The first day the tattoo should be kept covered for 24 hours with a change of transparent film 3 times in those 24 hours. The 2nd day remove the film and use the cream twice morning and night.
- The 3rd and 4th day put the cream on once and the 5th day do not use cream. On the 6th day use the cream once until you see that the tattoo is hydrated.
1st day 3 times – 2nd day twice – 3rd day once – 4th day once – 5th day NO cream – 6th day once and then once daily.
DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR NEW TATTOO To:
- Pools, saunas, steam baths
- Rub or remove the scab
- Stretching the skin (exercise) or sweat for at least 3 days
- Always wash before putting the cream is very important and only use a small amount of cream. More cream will not help you heal better. It will be worse because the skin can’t breathe and does not dry out.
In about 15 days your tattoo will have healed, but your skin will still be sensitive. Apply the cream constantly until the cream has finished. This will condition the skin and provide protection.
It may be necessary to retouch your tattoo (certain colors like black). We guarantee our work. We will not retouch tattoos if they have been badly cared for.
When you leave the studio you are responsible for your tattoo and over time you will be able to tell if it received the necessary care during the healing process.